Monday, 17 September 2012

Skinny Bitch in the Kitch - Surprise Momma Style

So, apparently I took an unplanned hiatus from my little blog over here, but really it was just because I was too busy with being back to work and selling this house while building a new one. As an apology, I thought I would share this little recipe that was originally my mom's banana bread, but I made a few changes, slash I completely overhauled it. It's now a bit of a staple in my household for busy mornings. I hope you all enjoy ;)

The Most Amazing Kind of Healthy Muffins That Will Ever Cross Your Lips!


2 cups of multigrain flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup of butter
1 cup of brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup milk 
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 large mashed banana
1 cup chocolate chips (if you want, but lets be serious, who doesn't?)
1/2 cup coconut (also optional)

I know that real life bakers would probably have this all separated and mixed into wet and dry, etc, but I tend to fly by the seat of my pants a little (you're probably shocked to hear) and so I throw it all in a bowl and mix the shit out of it. Then I separate it into muffin cups and sprinkle some brown sugar and oats on the top. Bake for about 20 minutes or so, depending on how big the muffins are. They are done when they're golden brown and a toothpick comes out of the center clean. 



Voila! This is a coconut version sans chocolate chips. I took this one a while back. I planned on making some fresh ones tonight with chippies in them, but as I was measuring the flour I realized that I didn't have any effing eggs. I'll toss up some pictures of them next time they're baked!

I hope you enjoy, mommas! I know me and Avery always do!

No comments: